Apr 4, 2007

shuggy snacks up for grabs!! {part 2}

ok, so in addition to the post below, here's another question.

if you could redo your craft room, what one major thing would you change?

same prize...the two questions will be combined. so there will be one prize drawn from this post and the previous post.

28 peeps have to say:

BarbK said...

I would have 1 more table set up, instead of the offending guest bed! I would have a table as a cutting centre. And, it would be perpendicular to my working table so I could just swing around in my office-style chair and do my cutting.

Anonymous said...

the height of the table you stamp @ is important (mine is too tall to sit comfortably and too short to stand at) thanks, salla

Julie Prichard said...

I want a bad ass hand crafted huge wood table...

Allison Rankin said...

I would have more shelving...I have gotta twist DH's arm to invest in some nice pieces (since he never goes cheap!) for more paper storage!

ThreadCatcher said...

I would like a larger space to actually spread out and stamp and a girl can never have enough storage. FYI my favorite storage is a cabinet with many drawers that looks like an old time library card catalog; they sell them now to store cd's but it works super for embellishments, reinkers, EP's, glitter...and doesn't take a ton of floor space either!

Heather S. said...

I would have more shelving. I have bare walls which is dead space. If I had more shelving I'd be using that space for more storage and organization.

Anonymous said...

I would have a professional organizer and crafter organize me! I need help.

Anonymous said...

If I could afford it (win the lottery lol) I would get this:

http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/

Toni said...

For sure more storage! I usually end up working in an 8" x 10" space on my desk. (really- I measured once!) Built in shelving with doors, to keep sunlight off the rubber, paper and ribbons, a counter with cupboards to hide away the bigger items such as my sewing machine, spiral binder, Cuttlebug etc. Oh and lots of outlets! Mine are usually hidden behind the biggest furniture in the room!

dawnmercedes said...

I'd have lots of cabinets over lots of counter space!

Leah said...

I want a real wood desk instead of the folding table I have now (my craft area shares space with the office) I'd also love to have a closet with doors where I can store stuff instead of all these clear plastic drawers.. it looks pretty when I can hide the mess ya know!

Unknown said...

What would I change, my blinking house so that I could have a whole room to myself and not just a little desk in the corner of my walk through from lounge to conservatory!!!! he he he

L8ybug2 said...

I would love to have a bigger room so I could set up another table or two. Working with what I have I guess I would have to say a little more organization.....

Anonymous said...

More shelving!

Jackie said...

I would have countertop along 2 walls instead of the mish mash of tables I have now. It's on my wish list.

Cheryl KVD said...

The major thing I would change would be to take out the spare bed and the office out of my craft room!! Thanks!
Cheryl KVD

Cheryl KVD said...

The major thing I would change would be to take out the spare bed and the office out of my craft room!! Thanks!
Cheryl KVD

Susan said...

rip up the old carpet and lay down new laminate..then add an area carpet.

that's what I really do intend to do..maybe this weekend, even.

Anonymous said...

I just need a craft room.lol

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

I would add some closed in cupboards above my work table with a mounted light underneath the cupboards! I NEED more room to store stuff!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

If I had a stamping room I would like my crafting area to furniture to match. I know that sounds silly but I like thing to go together.

Tanis said...

Well, if I HAD a stamp room, I guess I could comment (hee hee!)
But if I did, since I hate looking at all the clutter, I'd have to have closable doors on all my cupboards (I have just one in my dining room right now), a work table and a separate computer table. Maybe a really big room with about 5 tables, so each work in progress could stay out in its own space. OK, enough dreaming.

Jan Scholl said...

I think I would have put my stamping area in the basement instead of upstairs in son's old bedroom. Its too cold up there in the winter, so I end up bringing stuff down into the kitchen so I wont turn blue. And to watch the Pistons games while I stamp. NO tv or internet on the 2nd floor.

Little One said...

I would definately get good storage, good work station and good lighting. I have a window in my new craft room and LOVE IT! Natural lighting works wonders for projects~

alison said...

I would love more lighting. Maybe even move out of the basement and into a room with a window!

Erin said...

there would not by my DH's sports autographs collection in there. heehee

Anonymous said...

I agree with the "more shelving" comments. I would have shelves on one wall from ceiling to floor if I could. Also, right now I have my stuff organized by what it is (die cuts, stickers, rub-ons, metals, etc.) but a friend suggested organizing into themes (family, birthday, holiday, etc.) which would be very useful for scrapbookers. I don't know if that would help you, Angie!

shuggy said...

thanks for all the great ideas!!

the runner up winner is allison!!!