Apr 24, 2007

windshield karma...

seriously. in the past two years, i have replaced my windshield 3 times. all from rocks thrown on my car from big dump trucks or diesels. it sucks. prior to that...in the past 11 year...ONE time. of course, i had to do it three times, cause i had an old car that had to be inspected every year. and last year was my fav. got the windshield replaced in april or may, cracked in october before it could be inspected. replaced it, but it was freaky so they came and replaced it again. crashed my car in december. got my new jeep (brand new) in december. had a boulder (i swear!) hit it two weeks ago. it's cracked almost all the way up and down now. freak!!!

7 peeps have to say:

BarbK said...

stop following so closely and the stones won't hit you. i tell DH that all the time!

shuggy said...

i wish! the boulder (hehe) hit me three cars away!!!

Tami Bayer said...

Always seems to happen here, too. Just got hit with some debris from a truck that ruined the windshield on one car about a week after having the windshield replaced on the other car. I hate big trucks with rocks!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the price you pay for living in a place with maniacal new construction...I'm sorry though. That sucks!

dawnmercedes said...

thanks for the shuggy snacks...got them today!

Sorry about your car too.

Suzi said...

That totally sucks!! We went thru a phase of windshield cracks too. Right after we were married & had NO $$$ to go around replacing windshields. Then, 2 years ago, it was flat tires. I had to have AAA come out 3 times in less than 2 mos to rescue me. Got new tires on the car that way but, still. BTW, did you know that even if you've had AAA for 15 years & only called them like a total of 5 times in that 15 years, if you have 4 times in a year, they start charging you at the 5th roadside rescue??? Hello, what about the 55 times I DIDN'T use you???? Where's the love?

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Sacramento and I had to commute to and from school on the freeway everyday I came up with a theory. Those dirt trucks that drive on the freeways are owned by the windshield people. It is the perfect business venture don't you think?

PS. I received my shuggy snacks. Thanks so much. I'm going to have some fun using my new goodies.