Mar 7, 2007

trend babble...

what makes a trend a trend? who decides that this is going to be the next best thing? do you know what i mean? for instance...this whole blogging craze. i started a blog probably two years ago. it was even a blogger blog. at the time, there was almost no interest. a few people who were computer savy had websites, but blogging wasn't huge. now, you can find a blog almost anywhere you go. it's all the rage. another example would be the whole cuttlebug craze. i mean we've had die-cut machines forever! but now, the world can't seem to get enough of the cb!!

i won't even mention the bellas! those are the most addicting things i've ever seen!!!

7 peeps have to say:

Julie Prichard said...

Trend:

The general direction in which something tends to move.

A general tendency or inclination. See Synonyms at tendency.

Current style; vogue: the latest trend in fashion.

Note to the editor: The Commander will not purchase a Cuttlebug or a bella- ever.

Suzi said...

Well, I personally blame YOU for the whole SS Blog trend. You posted it & everyone wants to be like you. I'm guessing that's how most fads & trends get started: some popular person does something & everyone else wants to be like them. It's just like Jr High (or Middle school as i guess it's called now; who started THAT trend??) all over again but more expensive!! Thanks for starting the blog insanity!!! What would I do w/o it???

Suzi said...

Julie, never say never. I said there was no way I would EVER want a die cut machine. I find die cuts sooooo boring. Never did like them. But, I will be purchasing a CB sometime in the future. It can cut chipboard!!! That's all I needed to hear. Ok, that & those coolio little slider things.

Julie Prichard said...

Suzi- I will personally pay you $500 if I ever purhase a cuttlebug.

shuggy said...

how about $500 for a bella, commander??

suz, i'm not the popular kid!!! no one wants to be like me!! i just ramble...

Julie Prichard said...

Sure- unless I am drugged and forced to buy one at gunpoint...I won't buy one of those either. :)

Julie Prichard said...

Shoot- I didn't know that was you, Angie!! LOL