Mar 4, 2007

~movie review and a good cry~

***this may be considered a spoiler, even though i don't really give much away~~just be warned***

if you haven't had a good cry lately, and i'm talking a full on sobfest, go to see the movie "bridge to terabithia." my mom and sister-in-law wanted to go see this and called me to go with them. i had never even heard of it before. it's a kid movie. apparently it was also a book. who knew? i decided to go along. my brother and boyfriend were not about to sit through this, so they went to a more "manly" movie, 23. i wished that 300 had come out this week because there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks (who remember alice???) that i'm going to go see that with him. what's with all the numbered movies? anyway, so the boys went to the psycho movie and the girls went to the kid movie.

now don't get me wrong. this was a fabulous movie. i loved it. in fact, i would probably even go see it again tomorrow. it was that good. the kids in this movie were so cute. the little sister was the cutest thing i've ever seen (well, after my cute neices and nephew!). i didn't really know what to expect, and the WHACK! right out of the blue...the tears start flowing. i lean over to my mom about 5 minutes into the waterworks and say, "gee mom, thanks for bringing me to such an uplifting show!"

honestly, you should go see this movie. but be warned...take some tissue or maybe even a towel!!

5 peeps have to say:

Suzi said...

DD has been wanting to see this. She talked all weekend about going. I've never heard of it before either. Hmmm, don't know if I want to go if I'm gonna cry. Maybe I'll wait til her g'ma gets home & let them go.

shuggy said...

hurray!! the stalker is feeling better!!!

oh, it's definately worth the cry. it's a wonderful movie.

go see it.

Ethel Amutan said...

No freakin' kidding!!! I saw it this afternoon BEFORE I read your blog entry. Yep! The tears hit you like a Mac truck. Just when you don't expect it..... whammo! And, I'm sorry, you'd have to be completely insane and out of touch with reality not to feel sad during "that" particular part of the movie. Be ready......at least..... bring a box of kleenex, cuz you're going to need it.

Pam Speidel said...

This sounds familiar, but I think I've heard of the book. You convinced me to go see it! :) Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

I cryed my eyes out! DS wanted to see this and I had no idea it would be such a tear-jerker. Great movie, but just too many tears for a movie theater. Even hubby cried in this one...