Jul 11, 2010

spooky tree...

this is almost an exact replica of the previous posted card, only it looks so much different! it will make an awesome halloween card! miss robin, this is for you! your comment idea was amazing. i saw this as you were describing it. although there is no moon, since i couldn't find any velum (ok, couldn't find is a stretch...i don't think i have any and was too tired to look!), so we'll say it's a new moon! thanks for the inspiration!


spooky tree
stamps: unity, stampin up
cardstock: basic black, eggplant envy
ink: eggplant envy, platinum all purpose ink-tsukineko
embellishments: ribbon

4 peeps have to say:

Robin said...

Very well done. What a sweet think to do. I can probably quit obsessing about it now. It really is an awesome stamp.

Okay, I lied. Now I'm seeing it with a fall motif. The tree with some leaves punched out of various gingham prints in fall colors. Or some actual gingham fabric torn into thin strips and tied in little knots attached to simulate leaves, maybe with more on the ground. Even in a pile. And maybe the buffer page could actually be a piece of burlap. Or some raffia strands poking out like straw.

Okay. I really need to stop.

Wow. I have been away from stamping too long. I think I need to get that tree.

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE idea to make this a spooky tree! Genius!

Aleks said...

This works great as a spooky tree! is this some kind of resist technique...could you explain a little more? :)

shuggy said...

robin, you crack me up!!

aleks, it is plantinum ink stamped on black. not technique, really.