Jul 12, 2010

good times great...

happy monday? who likes monday? i do sometimes. i do when it's h{ippity} hop monday! so i guess i should start over.

happy monday!!! that's better. do you know what's funny? or sad, depending on how you look at it. i'm a card maker. i make tons of cards. (ok, not tons, but you get the idea.) problem is i'm terrible at sending said cards. like i had two friends that had surgery last week. think i sent them a card? nope. i'm a horrible card sending friend. let's not even mention birthdays! i knew that i needed to make a card for today's h{ippity} hop. so i made a card with a purpose in mind that i will actually use it. i left it on the counter this morning with my cute hubby's keys. i don't tell him enough how much i love him. i am going to try more often to let him know with little cards like this. i also tried to make a unique card in the sense that it isn't really a standard opening card. it's card size, but it's really a little card on a flat base. i likey. i hope you do to. remember to hop on over to the {ippity} blog to see the rest of the hop.

good times great
stamps: ippity
cardstock: riding hood red, kraft-su; hot fudge-mft
ink: burnt umber, versamark, fired brick distress ink
embellishments: bling

14 peeps have to say:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card! I'm sure your sweetie loved it!

Anonymous said...

Now that I do have TONS of cards hanging around, I definitely send out more to get rid of them!!! heehee.

Bet your hubby loved it!

lisa a.

Rachel B said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors. And the bling goes perfect!

Banu said...

WOW..beautiful card. Loved the color combination.

Unknown said...

I need to send more cards, too. Beautiful card and hope it made hubby's day!

Suzi said...

Gorgeous card!! I never remember to send cards either. I found if I print the envie, even before i have the card done, I'm much more likely to send it!!!

BTW, I finally sent Sherri's b'day card, 2 mos late. LOL

Unknown said...

adorable.

Aleks said...

It's a simple card but it looks awesome! Love the colours!

Elisabeth said...

Love the idea of the mini card on the standard base...awesome!

Kelly Mahany said...

I likey your card too!! And I am also guilty of not sending as many cards out as I make!! But I really love your card!! Keep making 'em anyway!!

Susan B. said...

Lovely card!

Karen said...

So beautiful and wonderful color palette!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, just darling! I love it. I might need that one!

Chautona

Mary said...

Nice...Kerry will love you for it! They do need validation occasionally! Good Job.