Mar 3, 2008

stamp club...

yesterday, my friend jami, held a stamp club/party thing at her house. it was great to go. i stopped going to my monthly stamp club last summer after we bought our new house because i didn't really have any extra money for stamp club anymore. and i have missed it deeply. i don't know if i missed the stamping part so much, as the getting together with everyone on a regular basis. so me and my cute mom decided to go yesterday. it was great fun!! we did three projects, 2 cards and 1 scrapbook page. well, i only did the cards because i'm not a huge scrapbooker. they were all great projects, though! jami is great at making up projects (you can see them here on her blog).

well as it turns out, i was making one of the cards and not following my one cardinal rule of stamping things before assembling them, i screwed up my stamped sentiment. so i had to "fix" it. here is what i ended up with. i actually really like it!!!



i then came home and decided i liked the design of the card so well, i wanted to create one similar. so i thought about what i wanted and this is what i came up with. totally case'd from jami's card. but isn't that the best type of flattery?? i think so!!!


supplies used: stampin up and green grass stamps, stanpin up cardstock, ribbon

3 peeps have to say:

Allyson said...

I love the card- did you put brown on the edge of the blue paper? I can't really tell, but it looks darling.

Lesa said...

Both are pretty cards. Glad you and your cute mom had fun!

Jami said...

Very cute, Angie!! I'm very flattered! I miss the stamp club thing too. Not the drama, but the getting together with friends. Maybe we just need to play more often...
Jami