Jul 29, 2012

july creative dare...

wow.  where do i start with this post?  tracy has started a monthly creative dare and it is so cool to think outside the box.  here's her post about the july dare. and here were the rules to the dare:

  • Create a project using your favorite color pallet 
  • Include YOUR Word of the Year on your project 
  • OPTIONAL: Use the quote I used "once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for..." 
i swear that i choose a "word" for the year back in january.  but of course i can't find it anywhere!!  so i'm picking it now, even though the year is past half over. i've really stretched my creative side this year and i love it!  so create is my word for 2012.  i started with my favorite color as of late and added some more here and there.

she started to create
paper:  mixed media journal
stamps:  unity
paint:  acrylic, metallic paint
ink: india ink
other:  decoupage, bubble wrap, black pen, rub ons

i love the whole she art thing going on, too, even though i'm not such a girlie girl and usually don't get into things like that.  but i wanted to try and make my own girl, so being that this project was a dare, i figured it was the perfect time to try!! 




what are you doing to stretch your creativity??

1 peeps have to say:

SandeeNC said...

It's perfect, and as for picking out a new word, well I guess that's the same as me forgetting what my word had been, obviously I hadn't been "focusing" on my word either! Funny thing is, now having made my canvas, I think of the word all the time now! So, create, girl!waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)