Oct 9, 2008

tv...

i know, i know, it's such a waste of time, yadda, yadda, yadda. sitting in front of the tv for hours at a time doing being a couch potato. but come on. it's so needed sometimes!! and plus, i try and multi task and i've worked on many swaps while catching up on my shows. so i thought i'd share some of my favorite tv shows and obsessions...

my favorite new shows (that started last season...)



eli stone...i adore eli stone. he is hilarious, in an odd sort of way. and it makes me laugh. can i just share, however, that i'm not thrilled with katie holmes coming on the show. can't she go somewhere else?? i do love eli's spiritual guru too. cracks me up when he switches back and forth between his "character" as a the chinese acupuncturist and his true american born persona. and come on....they can work a season around george michael??? seriously!!




life...i love this show!!! the way charlie crews and dani reese are so perfect together!!! i know, it's a stretch on how they solve the crimes they solve, but it's very entertaining!!! it cracks me up that charlie never shuts up!!!





dirty sexy money...this is my vice. why on earth do people watch this show? it's because it's amazing that a family could be this screwed up!!! the ad thing is i'm sure there are so many people out there that do live life like this!!! i love watching the family drama between everyone. and having nick george try to keep it all together!!! it's got an odd mix in the cast, but it works well!!! and simon elder (blair underwood), uh hello!!!




and new finds this season (some new, some older):

ace of cakes...oh my hilarious. i can't get enough of duff and his crew. not to mention they make some of the most unbelievable cakes i've ever seen (or even thought could be made into or from cake!) but they are so freaking funny!! i sit and laugh every time. i still crack up when i think of duff dressed as the pink elephant driving down the street!!! i don't know how mary alice manages this whole mess!!! you can check out charm city cakes here.

dinner: impossible...ok, so i used to make so much fun of my dad for watching the food network. now it's one of my favorite stations!!! this show is great in that it's a huge race to see if the two chefs, robert and michael, can create a menu and do the challenge in the alloted amount of time. it's funny to see what they both create and what happens along the way. both of them are hilarious!
then there are my previous favorites:

  • gray's anatomy
  • brothers & sisters
  • heros
  • anything related to the real world/road rules (my true vice...i've seen every season of all of them...isn't that sad?)
  • dirty jobs
  • jon and kate plus 8
  • biggest loser (you'd think i would have learned something by now!!)
  • my name is earl
  • deadliest catch

know you all know what i do on my days off!! catch up with the tivo!!!

4 peeps have to say:

Sherri Thacker said...

Um, why isn't Lipstick Jungle on this list? That is one of the BEST shows on TV. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I have to ask if your TV is broken and you don't get the channel pushing daisies is on? :) Patty

christie said...

Well I love all the road rules/ real world stuff too. I've seen them all as well. i love brothers & sisters, every episode makes me cry though!! I'm such a sap!

Mary said...

I didn't realize that you were such a tv geek. I'll have to catch up on some of the shows I don't watch so we will have something to talk about.