May 31, 2012

the mystery project...

what happens when you make a stranger's day?  that's the question that the people over at the art house co-op wanted to know.  so they created the mystery project.  each participant received a little package that contained  the following:  a thank you for signing up, a new prismacolor art marker (side note:  this made my day since you all know i love my prismas and  i didn't know they have prismacolors with a brush tip.  BRUSH tip!!), and a card with your chosen theme.


i excitedly ripped open my package the day it arrived and checked out my theme.  and my excitement was quickly deflated.

if tomorrow came yesterday

what the cuss?  what in the world does that mean?  i was stumped.  i had this phrase running through my mind for weeks.  i had no idea what it meant or what i could do with it.

then it hit me.  it meant going back in time.  and one day i was working on my art journal and had a butterfly in  mind.  and like a ton of bricks the idea came to me.  if tomorrow came yesterday...there wouldn't be butterflies.  because the caterpillier would  never change in to a butterfly if tomorrow never came.  right?  well that's  my take on it anyway.  so here's what i created.  a little 4x4 canvas.

butterflies
cardstock: authentic pp
paint: gesso, acrylic
embellishments:  butterfly cutouts-making memories,
other:  prismacolor marker, india ink

the other thing that stumped me was where to leave it?  i had no idea...i've been thinking about it for days now...where to leave it.  as i was running out of time, i decided to leave it at a park near my house.  i figure lots of people visit the park.  so i drove up there tonight as the sun was setting, and planted my little butterfly piece.


i attached a little note that says "read me."  inside explains a little about the mystery project and telling the finder to keep the canvas.  hopefully it will find a good home!!

5 peeps have to say:

sunbear said...

damn i wish i lived near that park:P beautiful angie.

Jennifer E. said...

You did an awesome job on this! Love how you took it to the park and left it for someone else to find!

Noelle Reese said...

Ask DH if he would run over there and get that for me and pop it in the mail please!!

misty said...

beautiful card! I love the colors and how you've used the prompt!

Robin said...

What a great idea. And your canvas is lovely!