Jun 28, 2010

little things...

this weekend has been one like i've never experienced before. emotions are a funny thing. they are so exhausting but you don't really realize it until later. they kind of sneak up on you. it's also been nice to spend a lot of time with my family. on saturday, i spent most of the afternoon with my mom. we made a whole ton of thank you cards for various things related to my grandma. i totally case'd a card from the {ippity} blog because they were both adorable and simple. easy to mass produce. i wasn't going to do the h{ippity} hop this week because i didn't know if i'd have time. then, i had an idea. we wanted to make some special cards for the nurses that took such amazing care of my grandma. i saw this sentiment and i knew it would be perfect for that reason. so this is the card for those amazing people and for my h{ippity} hop. be sure to visit the rest of the creations on the hop...start back at the {ippity} blog.


little things
stamps: ippity
cardstock: timber, bark-pebbbles; stampin up pp
ink: burnt umber, haystack
embellishments: hemp twine

17 peeps have to say:

Anne Tussing said...

Very nice! I'm sure the nurses will appreciate the cards!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Simply delightful!

Susan B. said...

How thoughtful to make a card for your grandmother's nurses. Lovely card!

Julie Ranae said...

Such a thoughtful thing to do...sending {hugs} to you : )

Angie Blom said...

juat beautiful.. love the papers and colours with that sentiment.
I am sure they will love it!!

Eva said...

Simply beautiful!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

beautiful love the soft colors!!!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Lovely sentiment!

Robin said...

Beautiful card, beautiful thought.

Elisabeth said...

A lovely card and and I can tell you from experience, it'll mean soooo much to those nurses!

Mary Friederichsen said...

The nurses will love this.

Especially because it comes from your Heart.

Thank you for sharing during this diffucult time.

Cheri said...

What a beautiful card! I'm sure the nurses will love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I'm sure they will love it.

Kristi W. said...

Love this card Angie!!!
What a wonderful way to thank the nurses! I am sure they will love it.
I really wish I had time to create like you do! I keep saying someday life will settle down a bit, but it just keeps getting more and more hectic.
Take care of yourself and tell your mom I said hi. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
-Kristi

Suzi said...

Wonderful card angie! big hugs to you today!!

StampingbugKerry said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to someone so special called grandmas. I lived with my grandma and grandpa during college and it was so difficult to lose them. Little things happen that make me think of them often. I know you'll have fond memories to last you a lifetime. Keep your chin up the terrible sadness does get easier to bear.

Kerry

Unknown said...

Lovely card Angie...sending many many {{{{hugs}}}} your way!