Jul 5, 2008

the deck...

holy moley...friday morning at 8am we started with an empty backyard. saturday at 9pm, we have a deck the is 99% completed. the only thing left to do is stain it. and we have to wait a few weeks to do that. this deck is completely amazing. i cannot believe what we have done in two days. eddie is an AMAZING carpenter and designed this deck for us, with the help of my dad. it is a work of art. and to watch him create and craft what he is building is mind boggling. a few things he simply did with little more than a while to think of it and then he just made it. incredible. i've put all the pictures here, so it wouldn't take up so much space and it would be easier to see them. i have to say a humongo thank you to ed & colleen for taking time out of their busy lives to spend so much time and energy it took to build the deck. when they showed up yesterday morning, it was like a tool store had just been delivered! a big thanks to my parents, for everything they did, especially my mom for preparing two days worth of meals, and keeping us well hydrated in the heat. and thanks to my brothers for the little pieces they each helped with. and thanks to shellee for all the railing work and the trip to lowes!!! kerry was amazed at what we have done. it will be such a wonderful place to hang out on!!

4 peeps have to say:

Chelsea said...

It's awesome!!!! It's bigger than I thought it would be!! I love the grill area!!

Congrats on the new deck!!!

The pics of you and your cute mom with the matching bandanas is priceless!!!

Erin said...

That is one nice deck! HUGS.

Jan Scholl said...

the "dog" is slowly eating my deck. the railings so far and chews on the steps. I want to put in a new one but hubby says no. how big is yours? MIne is 30 years old and we took off the side rails a few years ago for an open look-its only about 2 feet off the ground. I wonder how much the price has gone up. it was 197.00 for the kit 30 summers ago. This is nice. So sit a spell and enjoy a sun shine for me.

Jami said...

I love it! You will enjoy that deck so much...especially since it will be shady almost all of the time!