May 26, 2007

saturday night shuggy snacks {5-26}

sorry, i'm a little delinquent today. it's been a very busy week compounded by my dear boyfriend's need to buy a 57 inch projection tv and stand today that we just finished putting together. the thing is ginourmous!!!

anyway, here's this weeks edition of the trivia question...

what movie is the following line from?

"gee, i’m real sorry your mom blew up, ricky."

i'll draw the winner from all correct entries recieved by monday may 28 at 9pm mst. please email your email address if it isn't in your profile so i can contact you if you win.

thanks, and enjoy the ride.

24 peeps have to say:

K Hutchinson said...

Congrats on the new tv! My neighbors have one that is huge and I and always see what they are watch! te he he!

I think it was Better off Dead! Love the 80's movies!

~K

Jan Scholl said...

Better Off Dead. We are trying to nurse our tv along to make sure we get the right one. We have a rear projection now but am looking at a possible front projector that drops from the ceiling. NO more repirs for the one we have now tho. Can I get another year out of it?

doverdi said...

With a tv that big you'll really be able to see all these great old movies.

This quote came from the movie Better Off Dead. Don't ya just love the 80's movies.

Anonymous said...

Better off dead....than still awake at 0600 working in the PICU....need I say more??

Allison Rankin said...

Better Off Dead...one of my least fav John Cusack movies!

Cheryl KVD said...

Better Off Dead....thanks for the challenge!
Cheryl KVD
cak_ie@hotmail.com

L8ybug2 said...

I'll have to go with the crowd and say Better Off Dead. Thanks for the challenge.
L8ybug2@hotmail.com

Linda SS said...

Yup, the line is from Better Off Dead. I saw the movie but can't remember much about it, so it apparently wasn't one that I liked. You will love that projection TV. My daughter and SIL have one and it's just like going to the movie theatre. Thanks for the Sat.night challenge:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the concensus is Better off Dead! Love these challenges!
Ilene B.

Little One said...

The movie is Better off Dead~

Janeen

Unknown said...

Better off dead

trishalynn0708@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I finally found one! Better Off Dead! Some of them I don't know so thanks for this one! :)

Elaine said...

Holy BATMAN! THAT is a big tv!! I hope you get to watch something good and not just sports! ;-)

Could the movie be "BOD" (aka Better off Dead)??

Anonymous said...

Better Off Dead. I can recite the whole movie. One of my favorites!!

Favorite line is
"Lane, I've been going to this high school for 7 and a half years. I'm no dumby."

Tami Grandi said...

oh! I know this one is Better Off Dead. When I was in Jr. High we (my youth group) would go over to my youth leader's house and watch it almost every Sunday!

Tami Grandi said...

oh! I know this one is Better Off Dead. When I was in Jr. High we (my youth group) would go over to my youth leader's house and watch it almost every Sunday!

Anonymous said...

My guess is better off dead. Thanks for the game.

Anonymous said...

That quote is from the 1985 movie “Better Off Dead”.

Spoken by character Lane Myer, played by John Cusack.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, big TV!! Yea, the line is from "Better Off Dead".

Rebecca said...

Goodluck on your new TV! I loved the 80s movies, that line was from Better off Dead!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Haven't thought of that one in quite awhile. Better off Dead. Thanks for making me remember

Sharon in NE said...

Ah...the immortal line from "Better Off Dead".

Anonymous said...

From reading the comments, I think I'm going to have to watch this movie. Some love it, some hate it. Why is it called "Better Off Dead"?

shuggy said...

rebecca is the big winner!!!